I bet y’all will be so excited to do this again! At least this time you can do it inside…in the nice air conditioning. 😀 The only catch is that you have to choose a sequence different to what you picked at Bootcamp. Time yourself and see how long it takes. Have fun!
**DD = Downward Dog Pushups
**HR = Hand Release Pushups
**CR = Calf Raises
**Spiderman = Spiderman Crunches/Lunges
Here’s your Fit Friday workout! You’ll notice that this sequence is from our super fun Medicine Ball Hot Potato workout on Monday. At least this time, you’re not having to toss that around!😀
Wow, what a year it’s been. I’ve been blessed to have stayed so busy all these months. With a full Bootcamp, yoga sessions and photography, I haven’t had much time to blog. I’ll try to do my best to keep you all better updated, even if it means having to stay up a little passed my bed time.😀
Here’s a little Fit Friday workout to torch some calories. Have a great weekend!
With the New Year fast approaching, I thought this would be a good time to revamp my Bootcamp and make some exciting changes. I will be adding a few new dynamics to garner more participation and increase accountability to help you further your fitness goals.
I’m looking for 10 participants who are determined and eager to make healthy changes in their life. Those who want to lose weight, build muscle, or just feel better… Men, women, children (age 10 or over) at any fitness level… My goal is to help you reach your goal, whatever that may be.
The following are the dynamics I mentioned earlier:
- Rather than month-to-month, this will be a 6-month Bootcamp. A discount will be given to those who pay in full. You must commit to the full 6-months.
- Similar to the show “The Biggest Loser”, teams will be assembled the first night of Bootcamp. Throughout the month, your team will get points for everyone that shows up for each Bootcamp, for everyone that completes their Fit Friday workouts, etc. There will be a team challenge at the end of each month, and those points will come in handy! If you know that others are counting on you to show up and participate, you will be more likely to.
- $10 from every registration fee will be put in a pot. At the end of the 6-months, a vote will be taken on the “Most Inspirational Camper”. Your participation in Bootcamp as well as outside of Bootcamp, your attitude & your motivation of others will be some of the categories included in the overall determination of the “Most Inspirational Camper”. Along with winning the money in the pot (up to $100!) you will also win 8 free Personal Training Sessions with me! You can choose from 5K training, Weight Training, Vertical Fitness or Yoga!
Here are a few details about the Bootcamp:
- Every Monday and Wednesday from January 4th to June 29th, 2016 from 6:00pm – 7:15pm.
- 6:00pm to 6:15 will be spent discussing Nutrition and also be used for Q&A.
- The warm-up will start promptly at 6:15.
- 30 – 40 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training, Weight Training, or both.
- 10 – 15 minutes of Cool Down and stretching.
- Price = $220.00 if paid in full; otherwise $45 a month (due on the first Bootcamp of each month.)
- Located in Hearne, Texas…just a short distance from the track/football field.
These are a few rules to make your Bootcamp experience a better one:
- A signed Bootcamp Agreement along with your registration fee are required in order to hold your spot for the Bootcamp.
- Maximum of 10 participants. A smaller group means you’ll get more personal attention from me. This allows me to make sure everyone’s form is correct as I do not want any injuries!
- Participation is key! Because the workouts are designed with a certain number of people in mind, I need to know who will be here. If for some reason you cannot make it, a 2-hour prior notice is required. I understand that emergencies happen and those will be handled differently.
- 2 no-shows without prior notification results in forfeiture of all future Bootcamps and registration fees paid. If you’re not showing, you’re letting your team down and are not really serious about your fitness goals.
- Everyone’s time is important, thus the Bootcamp workout will begin promptly at 6:15.
- Only those that have paid their registration fee and submitted a signed Bootcamp Agreement will be allowed to participate in the Bootcamp workouts. All others will be permitted to watch, but shall not engage in any activities being performed by the campers.
I’m really excited about the New Year and these new changes. Please don’t let the term “Bootcamp” scare you from participating. Modifications for all exercises are available to accompany any fitness level. You will never be yelled at, or talked down to. My Bootcamps are about uplifting, motivating and inspiring you to reach your goals.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have!
Take care and make this day a good one!
Yours In Health,
Don’t forget about your health this Holiday season!
October is here, yay! At least it’s not as hot as it was, and we can look forward to it cooling off as the month goes along. Fit Friday’s will be variations of the above exercises since they coincide with your Fit Test. I just want to make sure that your ending Fit Test is a success!🙂
When you’re trying to eat clean, super chocolately, gooey, delicious brownies are probably something you think are off limits. That’s where you’re wrong! Ditch the box and make your own. These are a delightful treat, filled with protein and no nonsense ingredients. It’s not permission to eat the whole pan in one go, though…remember…moderation!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 Cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Squares of Dark Chocolate (at least 70%), chopped into pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 2 T. Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (make sure it only contains peanuts!)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Pecans (optional)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. If the batter is too thick, add additional milk by tablespoonfuls until it reaches a better consistency (not runny, but moist enough to where all of the ingredients are mixed together nicely).
- Pour until baking dish. Using a knife, spread it evenly into the dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the top is somewhat crispy.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.