I’ve been super busy today, and now that I’ve slowed down for a bit, I am in desperate need of a healthy snack. When it’s almost grocery day, the fridge and pantry start to look a little bare, so, here are some things I found to work with: Strawberries about a day away from going bad, an orange, oats & a small container of leftover coconut milk. Let’s make some Strawberry Prot-Cakes!
1lb Fresh Strawberries (or whatever you have left in your fridge!) – sliced
Juice from one orange
• Combine the sliced Strawberries and the orange juice in a bowl and set in the fridge.
Can of Coconut Milk – works best if it has been refrigerated at least overnight
1 tsp coconut sugar
• Skim the cream from the top of a can of coconut milk and combine with the coconut sugar. I used my hand mixer with the whisk attachment.
1 Cup Oat Flour (I put the oats I had in my pantry into my NutriBullet to make my oat flour.)
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
• Preheat oven to 350°
• Grease 8×8 pan
• Stir all ingredients together – mix well
• Pour batter into pan and bake 20-25 minutes (until toothpick inserted comes out clean)
• Cool at least 10 minutes before cutting
• Top with Strawberries and a drizzle of the coconut cream