If you’re trying to cut back on carbs, then “naked” burgers are a great choice. They’re yummy & satisfying!
Naked Turkey Burgers
**Feeds a family of four, or, use as leftovers for lunch the next day.
1lb package of lean ground turkey
1 tsp. All Natural Liquid Smoke, per patty
Salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper to taste
1 Onion, sliced
1 Tomato, sliced
1 Tbsp. Ketchup (look for one that has minimal ingredients), per patty
1 Tbsp. Whole Grain Mustard, per patty
1 Package Pre-Washed Salad Mix (try one that contains kale, spinach, and/or romaine)
1tsp. olive oil, per serving
1tsp. Balsamic Vinegar, per serving
1. Spray skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Form turkey into four equal size patties.
3. Season with Liquid Smoke, and spices.
4. Heat skillet over Medium High heat.
5. Add patties and cook until the one side is brown, then flip.
6. Add onion and tomato slices.
7. Cook until no pink remains.
8. Fill plate with salad and top with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
9. Top the salad with your turkey patty, onions and tomato.
10. Top the patty with ketchup, mustard and pickles.