Sunday’s are Waffle days in our household! Why? Because they are delicious, crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and packed full of protein!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 Cup Quick Oats
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Apple Pie Spice
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Bananas – Mashed
- 1 Egg
Here’s what you do:
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (first 9).
- Pour the coconut oil and almond milk together in a microwave safe bowl, then microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil and milk mixture, along with the bananas and egg to your dry ingredients.
- Mix well with a spoon and let the batter sit while your waffle iron heats up.
- Once your waffle iron is ready, pour batter on using 1/3 measuring cup**. The batter will be sort of thick, so using your spoon, spread it out some over your waffle iron. **Amount may vary depending on the size of your waffle iron.
- As they are ready, place them on a metal cooling rack stacked on top of a cookie sheet. Be sure that none of the waffles overlap.
- Once they are all done (should make about 6), place the cookie sheet in the oven and let them bake for about 7 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and serve immediately. A LIGHT drizzle of pure maple syrup, honey or agave may be used on top.
**To make these gluten free, you can substitute the whole wheat pastry flour with gluten free oat flour. Just grind up some of your gluten free oats in a food processor or Nutri-Bullet. 😉