Don’t forget about your health this Holiday season!
When you’re trying to eat clean, super chocolately, gooey, delicious brownies are probably something you think are off limits. That’s where you’re wrong! Ditch the box and make your own. These are a delightful treat, filled with protein and no nonsense ingredients. It’s not permission to eat the whole pan in one go, though…remember…moderation!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 Cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Squares of Dark Chocolate (at least 70%), chopped into pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 2 T. Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (make sure it only contains peanuts!)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Pecans (optional)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. If the batter is too thick, add additional milk by tablespoonfuls until it reaches a better consistency (not runny, but moist enough to where all of the ingredients are mixed together nicely).
- Pour until baking dish. Using a knife, spread it evenly into the dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the top is somewhat crispy.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.