Well, the last day of Session 1 is next week…June 28th, so this is your last Fit Friday for this session. Sad, I know! Since it IS your last one, I thought I would let you decide what you’d like to do.
- Prior Fit Friday
- Any other activity that gets your heart rate up
Time sure flies when you’re doing Burpees! 😀
Only a few Fit Fridays left!
This one is from February 24th. You’ll notice they are all Fit Test exercises. Gotta get ready for your last one of the session! 😀
For the remainder of this session, I will be pulling prior Fit Friday’s for you to do. We’re using this month as sort of a “review” of what we’ve done these past several months.
This Fit Friday is from February 10th. 😀
Have fun! ❤
I’m always trying to think of easy, healthy lunch ideas that I can make a lot of. Things that I can throw into containers and that will feed us all week. We’ve been stuck on this one for several weeks now, just because it makes a lot, it keeps in containers rather well, it’s so versatile, it’s tasty, and healthy! I call it “Kitchen Sink Pasta Salad”, as you can throw in just about anything but the kitchen sink.
I’ll give you the base, then also some “throw in” ideas. You can really make it your own based on your tastes. There’s no right or wrong!
**To make it as healthy as possible, buy organic, non-gmo when you can!
Gluten Free Kitchen Sink Pasta Salad
Here’s what you need:
- 16oz package Brown Rice Pasta (cooked)
- 8 – 10oz jar Olive Bruschetta (basically olive salad)
- 1 T. Nutritional Yeast (this is the kind I use: Bragg Nutritional Yeast)
- 1 T. Turmeric
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Throw In Ideas
- Grated Carrots
- Chopped Green Onions
- Several Handfuls of Fresh Mixed Greens
- Sliced Bell Peppers
- Chopped Celery
- Chopped Onions
- Minced Garlic
- Chopped Parsley
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Toasted Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds
- If you’re wanting to add even more protein, Grilled Chicken works really well with it too.
Here’s what you do:
- Cook Pasta.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add to a large bowl.
- Add Olive Bruschetta, Turmeric, Salt and Pepper, then mix well.
- Add in all of your other “throw in” ingredients.
- Stir well with wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate several hours (even better overnight).
Happy Fit Friday!
It’s June already! Ahhhhhhh! Can you believe how quickly time has gone by?! 😀 That means we only have 8 sessions left. I’m super proud of everyone and how hard you’ve worked these last several months. Let’s finish off this month strong!
Since it’s the first Friday in June, you get to choose what workout you’d like to do. It can be any prior Fit Friday. You can run, swim, ice skate, play volleyball, jump rope…anything to get your heart rate up!
Have fun and see you Monday! ❤