I’m always trying to think of easy, healthy lunch ideas that I can make a lot of. Things that I can throw into containers and that will feed us all week. We’ve been stuck on this one for several weeks now, just because it makes a lot, it keeps in containers rather well, it’s so versatile, it’s tasty, and healthy! I call it “Kitchen Sink Pasta Salad”, as you can throw in just about anything but the kitchen sink.
I’ll give you the base, then also some “throw in” ideas. You can really make it your own based on your tastes. There’s no right or wrong!
**To make it as healthy as possible, buy organic, non-gmo when you can!
Gluten Free Kitchen Sink Pasta Salad
Here’s what you need:
- 16oz package Brown Rice Pasta (cooked)
- 8 – 10oz jar Olive Bruschetta (basically olive salad)
- 1 T. Nutritional Yeast (this is the kind I use: Bragg Nutritional Yeast)
- 1 T. Turmeric
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Throw In Ideas
- Grated Carrots
- Chopped Green Onions
- Several Handfuls of Fresh Mixed Greens
- Sliced Bell Peppers
- Chopped Celery
- Chopped Onions
- Minced Garlic
- Chopped Parsley
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Toasted Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds
- If you’re wanting to add even more protein, Grilled Chicken works really well with it too.
Here’s what you do:
- Cook Pasta.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add to a large bowl.
- Add Olive Bruschetta, Turmeric, Salt and Pepper, then mix well.
- Add in all of your other “throw in” ingredients.
- Stir well with wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate several hours (even better overnight).