We don’t eat sweets very often, so when we do indulge, it had better be delicious! These certainly were! Yum! 😀
Fudgy Almond Bars
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 8 large dates (pits removed)
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup almond butter (or sub other nut or seed butter)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1 bag of vegan dark chocolate chips (at least 70% cocoa) (I used HEB Organics 70% dark chocolate chips in the 10 oz bag)
- 1 can coconut milk (with about 2 tablespoons of the water poured out)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Here’s what you do:
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until you have a coarse mixture that holds together when you mash it.
- Empty mixture into 8×8 dish that has been lined with parchment paper. Pack down until it’s evenly placed on the bottom of the dish.
- Add all ingredients in a small bowl and stir together.
- Empty out onto the top of the crust and spread evenly.
- Place in freezer.
- This will make more than what’s needed for the top of the bars (unless you want an insanely thick layer of ganache!). You can save the rest to eat on its own!
- Place chocolate chips in a large glass bowl.
- Heat coconut milk in a sauce pan on top of the stove until it just starts to boil.
- Pour on top of the chocolate chips and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add cocoa powder.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together until creamy smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to let it start setting.
- Remove the crust/almond layer mixture from the freezer and add ganache on top (use as much or as little as you like.), spreading it out smooth.
- Return to the freezer and let sit for about 30 minutes, or until the ganache is firm.
- Cut into 12 squares, serve and enjoy.
**You can keep them either in the freezer or the fridge, depending on which you like better. If kept in the freezer, you can actually just pick them up and eat them. If kept in the fridge, you’ll need a fork. 😉