Can you believe that we’re already halfway through May? That means we only have 12 Bootcamps left in this session! Time sure flies when you’re burning calories…
Since we are winding down this session, we’ll be revisiting a lot of the workouts we’ve done over the last few months to test for improvement. For the remainder of this session, your Weekend Workout will be your choice. I’ve posted quite a few previous workouts here for you to choose from, or, lace up those sneakers and go for a run!
Next session, we’ll be focusing on running… it’ll be fun! 😀
Since I have classes most evenings during the week, I have to plan meals that I can prep beforehand so that we can have a hot, healthy dinner as soon as class is over. This one is very easy to get ready, then pop in the oven. I generally roast my veggies on a lower heat, like 300…I turn them on before I head out to Bootcamp, then when I’m done an hour later, they’re ready. YUM!
I always make enough for my Hubs and I to have dinner, plus lunch the next day. Feel free to adjust the amounts based on your needs!
Roasted Veggies and Quinoa
Here’s what you need:
Veggies (Get creative and try new things! This is just what I used.)
- 2 Cups Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 3 Small Potatoes, diced (any kind will do)
- 2 Carrots, cut into wedges
- 4 Slices of Red Cabbage
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- Seasonings I used: salt, pepper, garlic, italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, fennel seeds
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 T Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Here’s what you do:
- Add all Garlic Dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together. If it’s too thick, add more almond milk until it’s the consistency you like. Then, place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. (If you don’t need to prep this meal, then you can wait until the veggies go in the oven to get the quinoa going.)
- In a small saucepan, saute the mushrooms until they are soft, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside. (If not prepping, you can make these closer to when the veggies should be done.)
- Preheat oven: 300 for slower roasting, 375 for quicker roasting.
- Line 2 baking sheets with Parchment Paper.
- Add broccoli to one baking sheet, then the rest (minus the mushrooms) to the other.
- Sprinkle with seasonings of choice.
- Bake an hour at 300, or 30-40 minutes at 375, or until the veggies are tender and golden brown.
- Line a plate or bowl with quinoa, top with your roasted veggies & mushrooms, then drizzle with the garlic dressing.
I mentioned the other day to stay tuned for exciting Bootcamp information, so here it is! This next session, we are going to be focusing on running.
Most people start out with the thought that they hate running. This thought quickly goes away once you start training and can see results from one training session to the next. Not to mention the mood enhancing benefits you get from it!
This July-December session, we are going to choose a 5K race that we can all run together so that you feel as though all of the training we’re going to do is going towards something. A group of us did this last year and had a lot of fun! We won best team costume and had quite a few place in our age groups to receive medals.
It doesn’t matter what your age is, or your current fitness level. This training is going to be specialized for each individual. We’ll be focusing on plyometrics to generate power, fartleks or “speed play” to help improve your running speed, tempo runs to improve metabolic fitness and yoga to keep you flexible and injury-free.
This Camp is limited to 12 participants. Out of fairness, I will not be holding any spots… Your space will only be held once payment ($175) and registration agreement have been received. Due to the specialization of this program and the time put into it, I will not be accepting monthly payments. Sorry for any inconvenience! Participants signing up for this program are committing to a full 6 months of training.
I look forward to helping you reach your goals! ❤ Please contact me with any questions you might have!
No questions and you want to secure your spot? Then register now!
Goal Digger Running Camp Registration Form
Your In Health,
Casey Amos Foggitt
NASM Certified Personal Trainer with specialization in Fitness Nutrition
CPR/AED Certified through the American Red Cross
A very Happy Birthday going out to miss Pearly who celebrated yesterday. We, of course, had a Birthday Bootcamp Workout on Wednesday night. 😀
Your weekend workout is part Birthday inspired, but also to get you ready for the fit test we did at the beginning of March. It’s a hard one, but you guys have been putting in a lot of hard work to become faster and stronger.
Here you go! 🙂