Happy First Fit Friday in February!
So, for this week, I’m going to give you several options to choose from and you get to pick what you want to do. How’s that? 🙂
Option #1 – You may choose any Fit Friday from January.
Option #2 – You may run/walk 1 mile, whether it be at the track, or through a neighborhood.
Option #3 – You may choose any other type of physical activity as long as it gets your heart rate up, and is 20 minutes or longer.
Option #4 – You can join me Tuesday, February 7th from 5:30 – 6:00pm at the Wood Field track for a community cardio workout.
Just remember to comment or message me with what you chose and that you finished!
Have fun! ❤
So proud of all the progress you’re all making! By now you’ve realized that you get out of it what you put into it. 🙂
Here’s your workout for this week:
Let’s recap some of these exercises:
Kangaroo: 4 punches + kick right + kick left
Squat Kick Crunches: Squat, kick right + squat, kick left + squat, crunch left elbow and right knee towards each other + squat, crunch right elbow and left knee towards each other
Hand Release Pushups: Starting in a basic pushup position, lower yourself all the way to the ground, then lift yourself back up into the starting position. The hand release part is just to ensure that you are completely on the ground before lifting back up.
Side Scissors: Remember to challenge yourself by lowering your legs towards the ground more in this exercise. The higher you hold your legs, the easier it will be. This is a core exercise, so you’ll definitely feel it in your abs! To protect your lower back, you can place your hands underneath your hiney for a little extra support.
Crazy Lunges: Lunge right, turn to squat, turn to lunge left, then reverse back the other way.
As always, take the time to warm up. It’s super super important to gradually increase your heart rate and to get your muscles warm. Once you’re warmed up, remember to stretch to prevent injury. Never stretch muscles that are cold…you’ll pull something! Cool down at the end to gradually bring your heart rate down. Just want you all to stay safe!
Have fun and always feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions! ❤
Happy Fit Friday everyone!
You’ve survived another tough week! I’m so proud of you all! ❤
This week, I want you to time yourself for 20 minutes and see how many rounds you can get through. These are all exercises from Monday’s intense cardio power session, but I’m not going to make you do them all. I’ve chosen 6, so be happy about that!
I know you will all do great! Just remember to warm up first, stretch, then take a cool down and stretch at the end also! Have fun!
Can you believe that after tonight, there are only 10 Bootcamps left in 2016?! I know, I can’t either! Time flies when you’re having fun and sweating profusely, right?
As a reminder, the schedule for November & December is as follows:
NOVEMBER: 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 28, 30
DECEMBER: 5, 7, 12, 14
This leaves only a few more Fit Fridays in 2016 as well, therefore; I would like for you to recap and pick your favorite Fit Fridays from this session for your remaining Friday workouts. Try to beat your prior times/reps/rounds!
I’m always sad when a session ends, however; excitement builds when the next one starts. Stay tuned for details on the January-June 2017 Bootcamp Session!
YAY! Fall is here…my most favorite season! In celebration of the somewhat cooler temperatures, Fit Friday is your choice. You can choose any workout, prior Fit Friday, or simply go outside and walk/run in this lovely “Texas Fall” weather!
Wow, what a year it’s been. I’ve been blessed to have stayed so busy all these months. With a full Bootcamp, yoga sessions and photography, I haven’t had much time to blog. I’ll try to do my best to keep you all better updated, even if it means having to stay up a little passed my bed time. 😀
Here’s a little Fit Friday workout to torch some calories. Have a great weekend!
With the New Year fast approaching, I thought this would be a good time to revamp my Bootcamp and make some exciting changes. I will be adding a few new dynamics to garner more participation and increase accountability to help you further your fitness goals.
I’m looking for 10 participants who are determined and eager to make healthy changes in their life. Those who want to lose weight, build muscle, or just feel better… Men, women, children (age 10 or over) at any fitness level… My goal is to help you reach your goal, whatever that may be.
The following are the dynamics I mentioned earlier:
- Rather than month-to-month, this will be a 6-month Bootcamp. A discount will be given to those who pay in full. You must commit to the full 6-months.
- Similar to the show “The Biggest Loser”, teams will be assembled the first night of Bootcamp. Throughout the month, your team will get points for everyone that shows up for each Bootcamp, for everyone that completes their Fit Friday workouts, etc. There will be a team challenge at the end of each month, and those points will come in handy! If you know that others are counting on you to show up and participate, you will be more likely to.
- $10 from every registration fee will be put in a pot. At the end of the 6-months, a vote will be taken on the “Most Inspirational Camper”. Your participation in Bootcamp as well as outside of Bootcamp, your attitude & your motivation of others will be some of the categories included in the overall determination of the “Most Inspirational Camper”. Along with winning the money in the pot (up to $100!) you will also win 8 free Personal Training Sessions with me! You can choose from 5K training, Weight Training, Vertical Fitness or Yoga!
Here are a few details about the Bootcamp:
- Every Monday and Wednesday from January 4th to June 29th, 2016 from 6:00pm – 7:15pm.
- 6:00pm to 6:15 will be spent discussing Nutrition and also be used for Q&A.
- The warm-up will start promptly at 6:15.
- 30 – 40 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training, Weight Training, or both.
- 10 – 15 minutes of Cool Down and stretching.
- Price = $220.00 if paid in full; otherwise $45 a month (due on the first Bootcamp of each month.)
- Located in Hearne, Texas…just a short distance from the track/football field.
These are a few rules to make your Bootcamp experience a better one:
- A signed Bootcamp Agreement along with your registration fee are required in order to hold your spot for the Bootcamp.
- Maximum of 10 participants. A smaller group means you’ll get more personal attention from me. This allows me to make sure everyone’s form is correct as I do not want any injuries!
- Participation is key! Because the workouts are designed with a certain number of people in mind, I need to know who will be here. If for some reason you cannot make it, a 2-hour prior notice is required. I understand that emergencies happen and those will be handled differently.
- 2 no-shows without prior notification results in forfeiture of all future Bootcamps and registration fees paid. If you’re not showing, you’re letting your team down and are not really serious about your fitness goals.
- Everyone’s time is important, thus the Bootcamp workout will begin promptly at 6:15.
- Only those that have paid their registration fee and submitted a signed Bootcamp Agreement will be allowed to participate in the Bootcamp workouts. All others will be permitted to watch, but shall not engage in any activities being performed by the campers.
I’m really excited about the New Year and these new changes. Please don’t let the term “Bootcamp” scare you from participating. Modifications for all exercises are available to accompany any fitness level. You will never be yelled at, or talked down to. My Bootcamps are about uplifting, motivating and inspiring you to reach your goals.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have!
Take care and make this day a good one!
Yours In Health,