I guess this is more of an idea than a recipe, just because the possibilities are endless! This is my husband’s most favorite thing to eat, so I make it almost every week. It’s one of those meals that keeps getting better everyday, so, it’s very convenient to throw together and pre-bake, then just scoop out what you want and reheat. Not to mention, it makes so much, it feeds us for several meals! It’s also colorful, which is something I like in a meal. 😀
I’ll list what I have in mine, but get creative and add/subtract things that align with your tastes! 😉
Vegan Nacho Dip
Here’s what I used:
- 2 cans Vegan Refried Beans (Be aware that many contain lard, which would not be vegan!)
- 3 Avocados – mashed & mixed with 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked Brown Rice seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes, cumin and chili powder
- 1 cup Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce (Blend together: 1 c cashews (soak overnight if not using a high powered blender), 1/4 c almond milk, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 T Vinegar, 4 T Nutritional Yeast, 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder, 1/8 tsp Turmeric, 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, 1 Can Tomatoes and Green Chilies)
- 2 cans Black Beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 Onion – chopped
- 2 Green Onions – sliced
- Handful of Grape Tomatoes – quartered
- 5 Small Bell Peppers – chopped (I use the mini multicolored packs of bell peppers)
- 1 Small Can Black Olives (drained and rinsed)
- 3 T Jalapenos – chopped
- Handful of Pumpkin Seeds
Here’s what I do:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Layer 9×13 baking dish with ingredients starting from the top: refried beans, avocado, brown rice, vegan nacho cheese, black beans, onion, green onions, grape tomatoes, bell peppers, black olives, jalapenos, pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Scoop and enjoy with tortilla chips, brown rice tortillas, on top of a salad, or just on its own! ❤
I’d love to hear what variations you used!